Miami Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
Commercial Trucking Accidents
The increasing number of vehicles on the road means that road traffic accidents are an unfortunately frequent occurrence. Statistics suggest that someone is injured or killed in a trucking accident every 16 minutes.
However, when one of the other vehicles involved in the accident is a commercial truck, the damages can become much more serious.
The increased weight and size of commercial trucks causes much greater momentum, which is substantially more destructive if a trucking accident occurs.
Commercial trucking accidents can be devastating for both passengers and the vehicles involved, due to the fact that rigs have limited visibility, and it take rigs longer to maneuver evasively.
Causes of Trucking Accidents
Road traffic accidents tend to be caused by negligence. In some circumstances, the driver of the truck may be found to be negligent, in the following ways:
- Not paying enough attention to the road or driving conditions
- Driving aggressively
- Driving too fast
- Using a handheld cell phone while driving
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to adequately check the safety of the vehicle before departure
In other cases, the business or organization that owns the truck can be held liable for the accident. In these instances, the business may have:
- Hired drivers without the proper licensing, training or experience
- Failed to provide safe vehicles that have been properly inspected
- Failed to adequately train their drivers
Finally, a manufacturer may also be at fault for a trucking accident, particularly if they have provided faulty parts to be used in the vehicle.
Living with the Effects of a Trucking Accident
If you or someone you love has been involved in a trucking accident, you will understand the huge impact it can have on your life. If you are lucky enough to have escaped with only minor damages to your vehicle or yourself, then you may be able to get back to normal quite quickly.
However, most trucking accidents cause serious if not catastrophic injuries. People who have been involved in a truck accident may require extensive medical care and rehabilitation. The patient may also require ongoing medication or mobility aids.
In addition to the physical and emotion impact of the accident, the patient and family may also need to consider the financial implications.
From a prolonged period of time away from work with no earnings, to medical bills and adaptations to the home, the bill from a trucking accident could place a financial strain on your family.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney for a Commercial Trucking Accident Case?
Trucking accident cases can be very different to standard road traffic accident law suits. This is especially true if your case involves a truck owned by a large corporation, who will have the finances to afford a large team of lawyers to represent them.
By hiring an experienced trucking accident attorney, you can be certain that your representative will have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the laws surrounding the trucking industry and trucking accident compensation cases.
Using our knowledge and experience with trucking accidents around the Miami area, the attorney at Juan Lucas Alvarez, P.A. can help to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Some of the tasks that our experienced attorney can undertake on your behalf include:
- Undertaking all investigative aspects of the case including taking witness statements, examining vehicles and infrastructure involved and collating any evidence from the trucking corporation including inspection and maintenance records, log books, and “black box” data.
- Consulting with experts to determine the cause and fault of the accident, confirm the injuries that you have sustained, and how they will affect you in the short and long term.
- Negotiating with defending attorneys, insurance companies and third parties.
- Escalating your case to court if a mutually agreeable settlement cannot be reached.
If you have been involved in a commercial trucking accident then you could be entitled to claim compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured.
Here at the law offices of Juan Lucas Alvarez, P.A. our team of experienced attorneys have the knowledge and skill to ensure you receive the best possible outcome, and fair and accurate financial recompense from your case. Arrange your complimentary, confidential consultation today by calling 786-802-0300.